Plant Life Cycles
Investigate the local plantlife and explore the part that flowers play in the life cycle of plants, including pollination, seed formation and seed dispersal. Understand how living things need to reproduce in order for a species to survive and carefully observe examples of flowers, fruits and seeds.
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: KS2, SEND
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required;
- Share health & safety guidance.
During the outdoor workshop we will:
- Briefly discuss the seven processes of life (MRS NERG)
- Identify and discuss the different parts and functions of flowering plants;
- Explore methods of seed dispersal;
- Look at contrasting ways of pollination and focus on the important role of insects in this process.