Dogs are a big part of our history at Lotherton and we love seeing our visitors enjoying a walk around the estate with their four-legged friends.
Where can my dog go?
You’re welcome to take your dog anywhere outdoors at Lotherton except Wildlife World and the playground. Well behaved dogs are allowed off lead in our open parkland areas, boundary trail and woodland but we ask you to keep them on a short lead in the courtyard, around the playgrounds and in the formal gardens.
Where can’t my dog go?
Inside the Stables café, Lotherton hall museum, Wildlife World and the playground. We have a red deer park on the estate and ask all visitors to be mindful of their dogs when walking nearby to make sure our deer are not spooked.
What facilities are available?
We have water bowls available in the courtyard and there are also taps and bowls in the hard-standing car park, behind the courtyard. We have plenty of bins around the estate but if you can’t find one we ask you to please take it with you when you leave.
What to know before your visit
To make sure everyone has a tail-wagging good time please:
- Lead the pack: remember to pop your dog on a lead in designated areas and always keep them in sight
- Scoop the poop: bag and bin it to help keep our estate looking tip top
- Call them back: not everyone is a dog-lover, keep them close by especially in busy areas
- Leave it: some plants are toxic to animals
- Think before bringing them: if it’s the school holidays or we are holding an event then it may not be the best environment for your dog. If in doubt, get in touch before visiting to check with our team
Dogs assisting visitors with disabilities are welcome inside Wildlife World and Lotherton hall museum. For more information please visit our access page.