School Workshop: Who eats who?
This school workshop at Wildlife World uncovers who eats who – the different ways animals eat, hunt and survive in their habitats. Pupils will discover the reasons animals need to eat and the difference between herbivores, carnivores and omnivores.
Duration: 45 minutes
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 and 2
Capacity: 1 class per session
Sessions run: Monday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required
- Share health & safety guidance
During the classroom workshop we will:
- Discuss diets, herbivores, omnivores and carnivores
- Discuss predators, prey and producers
- Names of teeth can be included for KS2
- Show examples of food chains using the above vocabulary
- Explain what happens if parts of the food chain are threatened or disrupted
- View animal artefacts which link in with the workshop
There is also the opportunity to add these extras to your workshop to enhance your day:
- Guided tour of Wildlife World to really get to know the animals with our expert education officer and keepers
- Mini-beast hunt in Captain Wood
Email [email protected] to find out more and book.