All About Penguins!
This school workshop focuses on one of our favourite species at Wildlife World, Lotherton, penguins!
Learn about the different types of penguins, their habitats, what they eat, and how penguins move – waddling encouraged! See our flock of playful Humboldt penguins in real life before or after your workshop.
Duration: 45 minutes
Suitable for: Reception and Year 1
Capacity: 1 class per session
Sessions run: Monday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required
- Share health & safety guidance
During the classroom workshop we will:
- Discuss what a penguin is and how to identify one
- Explore the different types of penguins and what they look like
- Find out where in the world some of these species of penguin live
- Name different penguin body parts, compare them to human body parts and how penguins use them
There is also the opportunity to add these extras to your workshop to enhance your day:
- Guided tour of Wildlife World to really get to know the animals with our expert education officer and keepers
- Mini-beast hunt in Captain Wood
Email [email protected] to find out more and book.