Explore Wildlife World and discover the wonderful world of rainforests in this interactive school workshop. Pupils will discover the animals, plants and resources found in rainforests from across the world.
The rainforest school workshop will also cover climate change, deforestation, changing habitats and other threats to the rainforest, and provide ideas on how pupils can help save it.
Duration: 45 minutes
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 and 2
Capacity: 1 class per session
Sessions run: Monday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required
- Share health & safety guidance
During the classroom workshop we will:
- Provide an overview of rainforests
- Discuss their locations across the world
- Look at the layers of the rainforest
- Identify animals which could be found there and products which we get from the rainforest
- Highlight threats they are facing and how we can help
- View animal artefacts which link in with the workshop
There is also the opportunity to add these extras to your workshop to enhance your day:
- Guided tour of Wildlife World to really get to know the animals with our expert education officer and keepers
- Mini-beast hunt in Captain Wood
Email [email protected] to find out more and book.