The Woodland Hunt
A guided nature walk for EYFS children which encourages them to get up close to the natural world in a safe and supported way— Explore where the wild things are on the Temple Newsam estate whilst listening to stories of fabulous creatures that live in the deep, dark woods. Search for the tiniest creatures that live there and have a go at creating a minibeast mansion.
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: Early Years, SEND
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required;
- Share health & safety guidance
During the outdoor workshop we will:
- Undertake a guided woodland walk punctuated with the re-telling of a selection of popular stories;
- Search for escaped ‘creatures’ (woolly worms) and discuss camouflage;
- Conduct a minibeast hunt;
- Build a log pile home.