STEM workshop: The Three Little Pigs
Visit the pig pens and listen to the classic tale of the ‘Three Little Pigs’ before taking part in our STEM challenge activity where you’ll look at different materials that can be used to build houses and use a variety of construction & joining techniques to experiment with design, form and function.
Can you build a structure that’s safe and strong enough to protect a little pig from the Big Bad Wolf? And how will you test its strength?
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: Early Years and KS1
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required;
- Share health & safety guidance.
During the workshop we will:
- Visit our pigs and learn all about the four different breeds we look after at Home Farm;
- Listen to a re-telling of the classic tale,‘The Three Little Pigs’;
- Observe and discuss the difference between natural and man-made materials;
- Design and make structures using straw, sticks and bricks;
- Conduct a fair test.