Embark on a guided nature walk and learn about the wilder side of Lotherton — Look for evidence of feeding, tracks and trails, things that have been shed or left behind (fur, feathers, antlers etc), homes and resting spots.
Learn how to use binoculars and field guides to identify what you see.
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: KS2, SEND
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required;
- Share health & safety guidance
During the outdoor workshop we will:
- Discuss different habitats including natural and man-made ones;
- Identify habitats at Lotherton and look for clues as to who or what can be found there;
- Observe and interpret tracks and trails, homes, evidence of feeding etc;
- Use field guides to identify what we see;
- Learn how to use binoculars.