Signs of the Seasons
This school workshop invites pupils to discover the signs of the seasons whilst exploring the wider estate.
Observe and record the seasonal changes that take place in nature, whist investigating the habitats we find at Lotherton. What type of weather is associated with the season? What adaptations are made by local flora and fauna at that time of year?
The workshops are available Tuesday-Friday each week during term time and can be adapted to the time of year.
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: Early Years and KS1
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required
- Share health & safety guidance
During the classroom workshop we will:
- Discuss the different seasons and how they change throughout the year
- Explore the effect that seasonal change has on nature
- Find out how flora and fauna adapt to changing seasons
There is also the opportunity to add these extras to your workshop to enhance your day:
- Guided tour of Wildlife World to really get to know the animals with our expert education officer and keepers
Email [email protected] to find out more and book.