School workshop: Signs of the Seasons
Discover signs of the seasons whilst exploring the Temple Newsam estate.
Observe and record the seasonal changes that take place in nature, whilst investigating the habitats we find on our estate. What type of weather is associated with the season? What adaptations are made by local flora and fauna at different times of the year?
Duration: 2 hours
Suitable for: Early Years and KS1
Capacity: 1 class per session (32 pupils)
Sessions run: Tuesday – Friday
Ahead of the outdoor workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required;
- Share health & safety guidance.
During the outdoor workshop we will:
- Discuss the different seasons and how they change throughout the year;
- Explore the effect that seasonal change has on nature;
- Find out how flora and fauna adapt to the changing seasons.