School Workshop: Classification
This school workshop at Wildlife World on classification allows pupils become ‘mini-zoologists’ as we explore how animals can be grouped by their characteristics. Pupils explore the differences between invertebrates and vertebrates and the five main groups of vertebrates: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish.
Duration: 45 minutes
Suitable for: Key Stage 1 and 2
Capacity: 1 class per session
Sessions run: Monday – Friday
Ahead of the workshop we will:
- Discuss SEND/access needs if required
- Share health & safety guidance
During the classroom workshop we will:
- Provide an overview of classification
- Pupils explore the differences between invertebrates and vertebrates
- Discuss the main groups of vertebrates: mammals, birds, reptiles, amphibians and fish.
- View animal artefacts which link in with the workshop
There is also the opportunity to add these extras to your workshop to enhance your day:
- Guided tour of Wildlife World to really get to know the animals with our expert education officer and keepers
- Mini-beast hunt in Captain Wood
Email [email protected] to find out more and book.