Reopening information Frequently Asked Questions
What is open?
All areas of Thwaite Watermill are now open. Our opening times are:
Tues – Fri: 10am – 4.30pm (please note that we are only open mid-week during the school holidays)
Sat – Sun: 12 – 4pm (last admission at 3pm)
Please note that our opening times will revert back to weekends only at the end of the summer school holidays.
Do I need to book?
We do not have a pre-booking system. Please pay on arrival. We prefer card payments but do accept cash.
Safety guidance ahead of your visit
- Please wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. This is the recommended government guidance.
- Personal space is lovely. Please be mindful of this when moving around the house and mill buildings.
- We have a recommended one way route. Please follow the signage to get the most from your day out.
- Feel free to use the hand sanitiser provided, particularly when interacting with the displays.
- You can still use our Track and Trace QR codes if you wish to do so. We advise you do to help keep everybody safe.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit and stay safe until you are well again.
Are you taking group and school visits?
We are taking group bookings in line with government guidelines. Please email [email protected] if you have an enquiry regarding school visits. Also explore our range of virtual workshops available through Leeds Museums and Galleries.
Are you taking wedding bookings?
We are now taking bookings and further details including our brochure can be found on the Thwaite Watermill wedding page. Please email [email protected] for further information, pricing and availability.
Events and Exhibitions
Please visit our what’s on page for details of what’s coming up at Thwaite Watermill.
This page was updated 22 October 2021.