Frequently Asked Questions
What is open?
Please check the Temple Newsam visit page for the most up-to-date information. The following areas of the estate are now open:
- Grounds and gardens
- Temple Newsam House: Tuesday – Sunday: 11am – 4pm
- Home Farm: Monday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
- Estate playground
- Shop: Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 4.30pm
- Café: Monday – Friday: 10am – 4.30pm / Saturday – Sunday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Mrs Pawson’s: Monday – Friday: 10am – 4pm / Saturday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
- Toilets: 9am – 5pm
- Car parks: most car parks are open at all times. The Lakeside and Walled Garden car parks close at 4.30pm.
Do I need to book to visit?
There’s no need to book if you’re visiting the estate but we do recommend booking ahead if you’re planning to visit Temple Newsam House and/or Home Farm. Tickets are available to purchase from the Courtyard Shop on the day of your visit but they are subject to availability. We do not offer a pre-booking service for Temple Newsam Tearooms.
Safety guidance ahead of your visit
We have guidance around the estate and at key points including Home Farm and Temple Newsam House:
- Please wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. This is the recommended government guidance.
- Personal space is lovely. Please be mindful of this when moving around Temple Newsam.
- We have a recommended one way route through the house and farm. Please follow the signage to get the most from your day out at Temple Newsam.
- Feel free to use the hand sanitiser provided, particularly when interacting with the displays. Please regularly sanitise and wash your hands if you’re visiting Home Farm.
- You can still use our Track and Trace QR codes if you wish to do so. We advise you do to help keep everybody safe.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit and stay safe until you are well again.
Dogs are welcome in our grounds and gardens. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit.
Please note that dogs are not permitted in the house or farm with the exception of assistance dogs.
Temple Newsam Tearooms offers both indoor and outdoor seating. Should you prefer to use our takeaway service, please visit Mrs Pawsons Shop.
Mobility scooter hire
Mobility scooters are available to hire. To book one please call 0113 3367 560 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
This page was updated 4 October 2021.