What is open?
- Grounds and gardens
- Home Farm: Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 5pm
- Estate playground
- Shop: Tuesday – Sunday: 10am – 4.30pm
- Café (takeaway & outdoor seating): Monday – Friday: 10am – 4.30pm / Saturday – Sunday: 9.30am – 5.30pm
- Toilets: 9am – 5pm
- Car parks: most car parks are open at all times. The Lakeside and Walled Garden car parks close at 4.30pm.
The estate is open to visitors travelling by car and on foot. Please continue to follow guidance around social distancing during your visit.
Do I need to book to visit?
There’s no need to book ahead for outdoor seating at the café but we strongly advise booking ahead of your visit to Home Farm. There will be a limited number of tickets available on the day but these are strictly subject to availability.
Tickets can be booked up to a month in advance and are available to book online up until 9am on the day of your visit, subject to availability. First admission is at 10am and the last available slot is 4pm.
Please pre-book your Home Farm tickets online.
Home Farm is open for pre-booked visits, Tuesday – Sunday from 10am – 5pm (last entry at 4.15pm). There’s a one-way route in operation and extra safety measures in place, including hand sanitiser stations and social distancing guidance. The indoor areas remain closed at this present time.
The playgrounds are open.
The equipment is cleaned with a disinfectant and we are limiting numbers to ensure that the play areas are used safely, in line with national guidance.
Our playgrounds and equipment will not be supervised and we are requesting that all visitors are courteous and responsible. There will be guidance around the playgrounds for everyone’s protection.
- Please regularly sanitize your hands
- Maintain social distancing
- Please do not eat or drink near or in the playgrounds
Dogs are welcome on our grounds and gardens. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit the park.
We request that visitors follow the below guidance to protect everyone:
- Do not enter if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) or any associated symptoms
- Please wash or sanitize your hands on entry and exit
- Maintain social distancing
- If it is busy please wait outside and form a queue
We encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitiser when visiting Temple Newsam.
The below measures and guidance is in place for the protection of visitors and staff:
- The café is open for takeaways and outdoor seating
- We have a one way route and social distancing guidance in place
- We prefer contactless payments but do accept cash
- We are not currently accepting reusable cups to ensure the safety of our staff
We request that you wear a face covering in all our indoor spaces including toilets, the shop and covered areas of Home Farm.
Mobility scooter hire
Mobility scooters are available to hire. To book one please call 0113 3367 560 Mon-Fri 9am-4pm.
Events and Exhibitions
All events are postponed until further notice until we are able to ensure the welfare of our staff and visitors. In the meantime you can visit our online exhibition Below the Salt.
Protecting our staff
We are maintaining social distancing and limiting the number of staff in an area at any one time.
This page was updated on 8 April 2021.