What is open?
- Grounds and gardens
- Home Farm – open 10am-5pm (closed on Mondays during term time and bank holidays)
- The Estate playground
- Tea Rooms Café – open Mon-Fri 10am-4.30pm & Sat-Sun 9.30am-5.30pm
- Take-away service – open Mon-Fri 10am-4.30pm & Sat-Sun 9.30am-5.30pm
- Shop – open Tues-Sun 10am-4.30pm
- Toilets – open 9am-5pm
- Car parks – most car parks are open at all times; the Lakeside and Walled Garden car parks close at 4.30pm.
The estate is open to visitors travelling by car and on foot. Please continue to follow guidance around social distancing during your visit.
Visiting Home Farm
Home Farm is open daily from 10am – 5pm. Please follow our guidelines regarding social distancing and use our hand washing facilities as well as our sanitisation stations throughout. We have a new one way system in place so you can safely view all of what the farm has to offer with great views of the rare breed farmyard animals.
For visitor and staff safety, entry to Home Farm has limited ticketing each day. We have launched a new online ticketing system to encourage visitors to pre-book tickets in advance online to avoid disappointment. A small number of tickets may be available from the Stable Courtyard Gift Shop on the day.
MAX card holders are required to pre-book.
Pre-book your tickets here
Please note you can only book tickets online for the same day of visiting before 9am.
When is the house re-opening?
The house is closed until further notice and we are awaiting further guidance on when it is practical to re-open whilst ensuring the wellbeing of our visitors and staff.
Are the playgrounds open?
The Estate playground is open. The Farm playground is currently closed.
We will be cleaning the equipment regularly and limiting numbers to ensure that the play areas are used safely, in line with national guidance.
Our playgrounds and equipment will not be supervised and we are requesting that all visitors are courteous and responsible. There will be notices around the playgrounds for everyone’s protection and we request that visitors follow the below guidance:
- Please regularly sanitise your hands
- Maintain social distancing
- Please do not eat or drink near or in the playgrounds
Do I have to wear a mask?
We request that you wear a face covering in our indoor places and you must wear a face covering when using our shops and café and takeaway.
Will I be able to bring my dog?
Dogs are welcome on our grounds and gardens. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit the park. Please take your dog waste home as we do not currently have the capacity to regularly empty public bins on the estate.
Will I be able to hire a mobility scooter?
Unfortunately not at this present time. We are working towards reinstating this service when it is appropriate to do so, with the health and safety of our staff and visitors in mind.
What measures are in place for the cafe?
The below measures and guidance are in place for the protection of visitors and staff:
- We have a one way route and social distancing guidance in place
- We have installed a perspex screen to minimise contact
- We prefer contactless payments but will accept cash
- We are not currently accepting reusable cups to ensure the safety of our café staff
What measures are in place for the toilets?
We request that visitors follow the below guidance:
- Do not enter if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) or a cough, fever and/or shortness of breath
- Please wash or sanitise your hands on entry and exit
- Maintain social distancing
- If it is busy, please wait outside and form a queue
We encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitiser when visiting Temple Newsam.
How can I book in for the golf course?
Customers must book ahead by calling 01132 647362 and opening hours are 8am-6pm. The toilet facilities and shop remain closed until further notice.
What is happening to the events programme?
All events are currently postponed until further notice until we are able to put systems in place to ensure the welfare of our staff and visitors. In the meantime you can visit our new online exhibition: Below the Salt.
How are you protecting staff?
We are maintaining social distancing and limiting the number of staff in an area at any one time.
Information regarding Leeds Museums & Galleries
For more information about how Leeds Museums & Galleries is responding to COVID-19, please visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page.
This page was updated: 29 July, 2020