What is open?
- Grounds and gardens – fully open
- Café – open on a takeaway only basis with limited menu
- Toilets – open 9am – 5pm
- Car parks – most car parks are open at all times; the Lakeside and Walled Garden car parks close at 4.30pm.
The estate is open to visitors travelling by car and on foot. Please continue to follow guidance around social distancing during your visit.
Will I be able to bring my dog?
Yes. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit the park. Please take your dog waste home as we do not currently have the capacity to regularly empty public bins on the estate.
Will I be able to hire a mobility scooter?
Unfortunately not at this present time. We are working towards reinstating this service when it is appropriate to do so, with the health and safety of our staff and visitors in mind.
What measures are in place for the cafe?
The below measures and guidance are in place for the protection of visitors and staff:
- The café is open on a takeaway only basis
- We have a one way route and social distancing guidance in place
- We have installed a perspex screen to minimise contact
- We prefer contactless payments but will accept cash
- We are not currently accepting reusable cups to ensure the safety of our café staff
- There are benches and plenty of grassy areas for seating around the grounds
What measures are in place for the toilets?
We request that visitors follow the below guidance:
- Do not enter if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) or any of these symptoms: cough | fever | shortness of breath
- Please wash or sanitize your hands on entry and exit
- Maintain social distancing
- If it is busy, please wait outside and form a queue
We encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitizer when visiting Temple Newsam.
How can I book in for the golf course?
Customers must book ahead by calling 0113 2647362 and opening hours are 8am until 6pm. The toilet facilities and shop remain closed until further notice.
What is happening in Home Farm?
Home Farm remains closed. The animal team at Home Farm continue to ensure that all animals at the farm have the same levels of care and attention that they receive all year round and we are sharing regular updates on our social media channels.
When is the house re-opening?
The house is currently closed until further notice and we are awaiting further guidance from the government on when it is practical to re-open whilst ensuring the wellbeing of our visitors and staff.
What is happening to the events programme?
All events are currently postponed until further notice until we are able to put systems in place to ensure the welfare of our staff and visitors. In the meantime you can visit our new online exhibition Below the Salt.
How are you protecting staff?
We are maintaining social distancing and limiting the number of staff in an area at any one time.
Information regarding Leeds Museums & Galleries
For more information about how Leeds Museums & Galleries is responding to COVID-19, please visit the Coronavirus (COVID-19) Information page.
This page was updated: 28 May, 2020