In response to coronavirus (COVID‑19) the opening hours, booking systems and visitor offer across our museums and galleries has changed. These changes are due to the measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
Planning your visit
Please visit the relevant venue online to find up-to-date visitor information including opening times, which areas open to the public and access information.
How to visit
The safety of our visitors and staff remains our priority so we continue to limit numbers to support social distancing. We anticipate Easter being particularly busy at some places so please check details and book, where necessary, before visiting. Tickets are now available to pre-book for Lotherton and Temple Newsam Home Farm.
We ask that all visitors follow our guidelines:
- Maintain social distancing
- Only meet with up to 6 people or one other household
- Follow one-way systems, signage, capacity limits and guidance from our staff
- Wash hands and use hand sanitiser stations
- Wear a face covering inside our buildings unless exempt
- Pay via contactless payment wherever possible
All of our museums and galleries have the official ‘We’re Good to Go’ supporting mark to signal our commitment to following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and to show that we have processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing.
Lotherton and Temple Newsam Home Farm
In order to manage visitor numbers and support social distancing we have limited tickets for Lotherton and Temple Newsam Home Farm.
Please book in advance to avoid disappointment and arrive promptly as we cannot guarantee entry without a pre-booked ticket.
Book to visit Lotherton
Book to visit Temple Newsam Home Farm
- Please book one ticket per person, children under five do not need a ticket
- Choose a 1 hour entry slot for the day you want to visit
- The timeslot is for your arrival time only
- Opening times and booking availability is listed on booking page of the place you wish to visit
- Tickets are for your use only and are not for resale
- We’ll send a booking confirmation by email. Please make sure you fill in your correct email address when you book to ensure you receive your confirmation email.
Pre-booking is required but entry is free as part of your annual membership. Please book online as a member to secure your free timed entry ticket. Please also remember to present your card on arrival and have your car park sticker in place.
NHS Test and Trace
When entering our museums, galleries, cafes and shops it is essential to provide your details for Test and Trace purposes if you are over the age of 16.
Visitors to our sites must:
- Check in using the QR code and NHS COVID-19 app OR provide details using a paper form provided by our team at the welcome point
- Provide your full name and telephone number or email address for every member of the party over the age of 16
If you provide your details manually your data will be handled in accordance with GDPR regulations. It will be stored securely for 21 days and only shared with the NHS if requested by the Test and Trace service.
For the latest updates and information please follow our social media accounts.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page please contact [email protected].
This page was last updated 17 May 2021.