In response to coronavirus (COVID‑19) our opening hours, booking systems and the visitor offer at Lotherton has changed. These changes are due to the measures we have put in place to ensure the safety of our visitors and staff.
Our grounds, gardens, playgrounds, toilets, Wildlife World and café (with a limited menu) are open 10am-5pm daily. Last admission to the estate 45 minutes before closing. Last admission to the hall is 30 minutes before closing. The gates to the grounds are locked at 8pm.
Lotherton Hall Museum
- Lotherton Hall Museum is open 10am-4pm and closed 12-1pm for cleaning
- The upper floor of the house is temporarily closed
- Groups of up to six visitors are permitted at a time
- Groups are advised to spend no longer than 20 minutes inside the house
- Large bags must be left in vehicles and pushchairs must be left on the porch
- Detailed access information can be found on the Lotherton access page
Our team will be on hand to help and we have produced a digital visitor route map (PDF, 1MB) which you can view before you visit.
Pre-booking tickets is strongly recommended. A small number of tickets may be available on the day though this cannot be guaranteed.
Tickets can be purchased online and are available to pre-book until 10am on the day of your visit.
The following do not need to pre-book:
- Lotherton Members
- MAX card holders
- Yorkshire’s Great Houses Castles & Gardens Family Pass
- Leeds Art Fund
- Friends of Leeds Museums & Galleries
Visitors are required to:
- Maintain social distancing
- Only meet with people in your household or social bubble
- Follow one-way systems, signage and guidance from our staff
- Use hand sanitiser stations
- Wear a face covering inside our buildings unless exempt (please note to exit Wildlife World you will pass through the shop so a face covering will be needed)
- Pay via contactless payment wherever possible
All of our museums and galleries have the official ‘We’re Good to Go’ supporting mark to signal our commitment to following government and industry COVID-19 guidelines and to show that we have processes in place to maintain cleanliness and aid social distancing. We encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitiser when visiting Lotherton.
If you have COVID-19 like symptoms we ask that you do not visit until safe to do so.
Test and Trace
When entering our museums, galleries, cafes and shops it is essential to provide your details for Test and Trace purposes if you are over the age of 16.
Visitors to our sites must:
- Check in using the QR code and NHS COVID-19 app OR provide details using a paper form provided by our team at the welcome point
- Provide your full name and telephone number or email address for every member of the party over the age of 16
If you provide your details manually your data will be handled in accordance with GDPR regulations. It will be stored securely for 21 days and only shared with the NHS if requested by the Test and Trace service.
Test and Trace
It is essential to scan the QR code using the NHS COVID-19 app or provide your name and contact details on entry.
When visiting the café please ensure that you wear your face covering at all times unless exempt and/or seated at a table.
Seating is available both indoors and outdoors, weather permitting.
We are cleaning the equipment regularly and limiting visitor numbers to ensure that the play areas are used safely, in line with national guidance. We ask that visitors do not eat or drink near or in the playgrounds. Please remember to bring your own hand sanitizer and be courteous of others when using the playground equipment.
Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and use the bins provided to dispose of dog waste.
Making Japan Exhibition
As the upstairs of Lotherton Hall Museum is temporarily closed, the Making Japan exhibition is available to view online.
During our temporary closure memberships were paused and were adjusted to reflect the period of closure. If you are a member and not on our mailing list, please email [email protected].
How Leeds Museums & Galleries is responding to COVID-19
For the latest updates and information please follow our social media accounts.
If you have any questions regarding the information on this page please contact [email protected].
This page was updated on 25 September 2020.