Lotherton Reopening Frequently Asked Questions
What is open?
The estate is now fully open. Prices and ticket details can be found on our visit page.
- Gates: 8am – 8pm
- Grounds and gardens: 8am – 6pm
- Hall: 10am – 12pm & 1 – 4pm
- Wildlife World: 10am – 5pm
- Café: 10am – 4pm
- Toilets: 9am – 5pm
- Playgrounds: 10am – 5pm
Last admission is 45 minutes before closure.
Please continue to follow guidance around social distancing during your visit.
Please be aware that the gates to the grounds are locked at 8pm.
Do I need to book to visit?
Midweek booking is not required but is recommended. We do advise booking in advance for weekends, holidays and event days to ensure entry.
Members do not need to book unless attending at a peak time (school holidays) or a ticketed event.
Admission to Lotherton is free to Lotherton Members, members of the Leeds Art Fund, Friends of Leeds City Museums, the Museums Association, the National Arts Collection Fund, Yorkshire’s Great Houses Castles and Garden card holders and MAX card holders.
If you choose to book, tickets can be booked up to two months in advance and up to two hours before your preferred timed-entry slot.
- Book your ticket online or by phone on 0113 376 0318 (Mon – Fri, 11am – 4pm)
- Book one ticket per person, under 5s are exempt.
- Hourly ticket slots are available from 9am – 4pm daily in the following slots:
9 – 10am
10 – 11am
11 – 12pm
12 – 1pm
1 – 2pm
2 – 3pm
3 – 4pm
- Tickets can be shown on your phone or by printing them out
- You may book up to two hours before your preferred timed-entry slot.
- Tickets are for your use only
- We will send a booking confirmation via email, please get in touch if you do not receive this.
What happens when I arrive?
Either show your relevant membership card or be ready to pay by card on the gate. If you have pre-booked please have your ticket ready before you arrive, either on your phone or as a printed copy. If you are a Lotherton Member or a member of one of the above named organisations please also present your proof of membership on entry.
You will be advised which car park to park in, this is to ensure that we can maximise our space and permit entry to visitors safely.
We have guidance on entry to the estate and at key points:
- Please wear a face covering in enclosed spaces. This is the recommended government guidance but it isn’t mandatory.
- Personal space is lovely. Please be mindful of this when moving around Lotherton.
- Feel free to use the hand sanitiser provided, particularly when interacting with the displays.
- You can still use our Track and Trace QR codes if you wish to do so. We advise you do to help keep everybody safe.
If you have symptoms of COVID-19, or if you’ve been in contact with anyone that has the virus in the last 10 days, please don’t visit and stay safe until you are well again.
Wildlife World is currently undergoing essential maintenance and repairs so some of our animals have been moved. The enclosures are not fully accessible at this time but we have created a visitor route which means that you will be able to see most of our animals.
We are working hard to maintain our spaces but our gardens, woodland and surrounding grounds may look different whilst we operate with reduced staff and volunteers.
Dogs are welcome in our grounds and gardens. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit the park.
Mobility scooter hire
Mobility scooters are available to hire. Please call 0113 378 2976 the day before arrival to book.
Events and Exhibitions
Our events calendar is growing as restrictions ease and all upcoming events, activities, performances and workshops our what on pages. The Making Japan exhibition and Florence Nightingale display are also now open in Lotherton Hall museum and free to visit as part of general entry.
This page was updated 6 September 2021.