What is open?
The below areas are open and admission charges have been suspended.
- Gates: 8am – 6pm
- Grounds and gardens: 8am – 6pm
- Café (takeaway): 10am – 4pm
- Toilets: 9am – 5pm
- Playgrounds: 10am – 5pm
Last admission is 45 minutes before closure.
The estate is open to visitors travelling by car and on foot. Please continue to follow guidance around social distancing during your visit.
Please be aware that the gates to the grounds are locked at 6pm.
Do I need to book to visit?
No, however we have closed the field car park as it is currently undergoing maintenance and there will be limited car parking. We encourage local visitors only during this time as we are unable to pre-book free entry slots.
We do not currently have a suitable booking system in place to organise pre-booked visits for general entry or members. We hope to have a new booking system in place for summer 2021.
What will happen to my annual membership?
All current memberships will be adjusted to reflect the period of closure to ensure that everyone can get the full use of their annual membership.
If you are a member and not on our mailing list, please email [email protected]
The playgrounds are open.
The equipment is cleaned with a disinfectant and we are limiting numbers to ensure that the play areas are used safely, in line with national guidance.
Our playgrounds and equipment will not be supervised and we are requesting that all visitors are courteous and responsible. There will be guidance around the playgrounds for everyone’s protection.
- Please regularly sanitize your hands
- Maintain social distancing
- Please do not eat or drink near or in the playgrounds
Dogs are welcome on our grounds and gardens. Please ensure dogs are kept on a lead in designated areas and that you continue to follow guidance around social distancing if you choose to visit the park.
We request that visitors follow the below guidance to protect everyone:
- Do not enter if you have coronavirus (COVID-19) or any associated symptoms
- Please wash or sanitize your hands on entry and exit
- Maintain social distancing
- If it is busy please wait outside and form a queue
We encourage everyone to bring their own hand sanitizer when visiting Lotherton.
The below measures and guidance is in place for the protection of visitors and staff:
- The café is open on a takeaway only basis
- We have a one way route and social distancing guidance in place
- We prefer contactless payments but will accept cash
- We are not currently accepting reusable cups to ensure the safety of our café staff
- There are benches and plenty of grassy areas for seating around the grounds
We request that you wear a face covering in our indoor spaces including our café takeaway service.
Mobility scooter hire
Mobility scooters are available to hire. Please call 0113 378 2976 the day before arrival to book.
Events and Exhibitions
All events are currently postponed until further notice until we are able to put systems in place to ensure the welfare of our staff, members and visitors. The Making Japan exhibition is available to view online.
Protecting our staff
We are maintaining social distancing and limiting the number of staff in an area at any one time.
This page was updated on 6 January 2021.