Available for free from Leeds Art Gallery entrance 26 – 30 October, 11am – 3pm.
A creative activity bag consists of…
- One of 1000 fabric bags produced by printmaker Laura Slater. Made possible through the Cultural Recovery Fund.
- A ‘curiosity’ sketchbook and so named pencil. The sketchbook opens out, inviting you to look through a pre-cut slot – part of the book’s fabrication – into a different world of curiosity and imagination.
- A collectors activity with visual elements inspired by and part of artist Georgina Starr’s Le Cerveau Affame “The Hungry Brain” project.
- A Landscape colouring book with drawings by young people from four Leeds primary schools.
- Postcards and a family friendly activity sheet.
Other October family activities
Our Family Creative Activity Bags are part of our collection wider family activities running over October Half Term:
28-29 Oct: Family Film Club
Take on our film inspired activity sheet in collaboration with our pals from the Spaghetti Club. Watch films and imagine hidden characters to join our entrance display.
30 Oct: The Big Draw
Join us in the Ziff Gallery as we make charcoal artworks inspired by the paintings and exhibitions. Your mini masterpieces will later go on display in Artspace!