Discover unique dates at Leeds Museums and Galleries
Valentine’s Day is a time for love, appreciation, and creating unforgettable memories with your significant other. While candlelit dinners and movie nights are classic choices, why not step outside the ordinary and try something to get the heart thumping and the brain jumping? Leeds, a city rich in history and culture, offers loads of romantic opportunities, and among them, visiting one of Leeds Museums and Galleries sites stands out as an exceptional choice for couples seeking a memorable Valentine’s Day experience.
Find out everything going on in Leeds Museums and Galleries this Valentines day.
Here’s why exploring Leeds Museums and Galleries makes the perfect Valentine’s Day date:
- A Chance to Chat: There’s something inherently romantic about strolling hand in hand through the corridors of a museum or gallery, surrounded by beauty, history, and creativity. Unlike some traditional dates like the cinema or a crowded bar, you can walk and talk with plenty of prompts for conversation that help ease those first date nerves. The tranquil ambiance and intimate setting provide the perfect backdrop for a memorable Valentine’s Day date, where you can lose yourselves in the wonders of art and culture while basking in each other’s company. Leeds Art Gallery has plenty to discuss together, including our brand new Found Cities, Lost Objects exhibition.
2. Making Memorable Memories: Memories of Valentines Days past are something to remember and treasure for years to come. Our venues are perfect for forming those memories, as each is unique offer something you wont be able to have anywhere else in the world. Abbey House Museum takes you back in time on the remade historical street, and Leeds Industrial Museum gives insight in to the History of industry in the city we all call home. Exploring these amazing sites will surely stick with you and make your unique date stand out from the crowd.
3. Build Something Together: Our Love Tokens Workshop delves into the more romantic side of the Leeds Museums and Galleries collections, and looking at love tokens from through the ages. Craft your own love token to take home, and finish with a tour of our amazing store, which contains over one million objects. What better way to express your love than learning how others have expressed theirs throughout history.
4. Escape from the Ordinary: Break away from the traditional Valentine’s Day routine and embark on an adventure that ignites your senses and sparks your imagination. Leeds Museums and Galleries offer a refreshing alternative to cliché date ideas, allowing you to escape the ordinary and immerse yourselves in the extraordinary. Cuddle up to baby goats at Temple Newsam, laugh at the penguins antics during feeding time at Lotherton Hall, and bask in 800 years of history at Kirkstall Abbey.
5. Food for the Heart: All our sites have amazing unique cafés so you can take a load off and relax after exploring some culture. The Herbarium Café at Leeds City Museum is an amazing Floral flourish celebrating our plant collection so you can sit in a little oasis of nature right in the city centre. Leeds Art Gallery’s famous Tiled Hall Café is a work of art in of itself. Originally a library reading room and then sculpture display gallery, you can soak up over one hundred years of culture in this stunning setting.
6. Ask that Special Question: No ideal for the first date, unless you are very brave, but out of the top 13 best proposal spots in Leeds, three of them are ours! Temple Newsam, Kirkstall Abbey and Leeds Art Gallery have all be chosen as the perfect spot to ask that special person in your life a very important question. And what better day to ask than on Valentines day