Ridings of Yorkshire Society Conference
16 - 17 June 2023
10:00 am - 4:00 pm
Venue Leeds City Museum
The second annual conference of the Ridings of Yorkshire Society will give researchers of Yorkshire’s cultural past the opportunity to present their work in a supportive and friendly environment. This year, as part of the Preservative Party’s Overlooked exhibition, there will be a special panel considering Overlooked histories.
The conference is free to attend, but you must book a ticket. Please ensure that you book a separate ticket for Friday and Saturday. Click here to book.
- Keynote Speaker – Dr Hugh Willmott, University of Sheffield
- Guest Speaker – Michael Flowers
Also included at the conference:
- The Future of the Past – Use of Digital Media in Heritage. Anna Marshall, Joshua Daniels, and “Hull History Nerd” Jamie Topliss-Yates discuss the role of digital media in Heritage.
3 panels of papers:
- Local News, Local History, East Riding in the Modern Era
- Andrew Barnes – Pseudo Rural Superiority: The East Riding County Council 1908 to 1939
- Lewis Carter – The impact of Heritage led Urban Regeneration in Hull 1973 – 2021