Mister Finch Fantastical Felt Rabbit Doll Workshop
10 November 2021
10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Venue Leeds City Museum
ALL DATES SOLD OUT – visit eventbrite and choose your date to be added to the waitlist
In this one-day course you will have the opportunity to work alongside Yorkshire textile-artist, Mister Finch.
The day will begin with an introduction from Mister Finch about his inspiration and working practice. You will use creative methods to create your very own jointed rabbit doll from felt to take home. The workshop will also provide you with the skills to create your own pattern to create your own fantastical creature.
Depending on your skill level you may not finish the course with a completed rabbit but will have the skills and experience to finish it off at home.
The workshop includes tea, coffee and lunch from the Museum café.
Ticket: £145 pp
Important workshop information:
– Basic hand-sewing skills are needed for this workshop
– All materials are provided
– Please note this workshop is not felting, it will use flat felt fabric.
– Booking for this event is essential as spaces are limited
– The event will take place in Thorseby Room at Leeds City Museum
– Tickets for this event are non-refundable
– Parking is not included, nearest car parks are The Light and The Merrion Centre.
– Please notify us of any access requirements
BOOK LAUNCH – Mister Finch: The Museum of Figments
On 9th November we will be launching the latest story from Mister Finch, The Museum of Figments. You can meet the author and have a copy of the book signed on the day*. Leeds City Museum will also be hosting an exclusive museum display of some of Mister Finch’s works, for a limited time only.
*Book launch tickets £15pp, book can be purchased on the day at the Museum for £20.