We run regular teacher Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions to support teacher’s professional learning and development. Each session is tailored to a teacher’s individual needs and can be run in person or online with a dedicated Learning and Access Officer.
We are passionate about learning at Leeds Museums & Galleries. Our knowledge base, underpinned by our collection of 1.3 million objects and free resources from MyLearning, provides a strong foundation for teacher training.
What is included?
Our teacher CPD sessions are flexible and can include:
- Staff training for individuals or groups
- Individual sessions to improve knowledge and confidence
- Supporting the creation and implementation of new ideas
We can offer CPD on topics including:
- Local history
- Prehistory (Stone Age, Bronze Age, Iron Age)
- Ancient Egypt
- Enquiry and object-based learning
- Embedding diversity
- Human geography of the world
- Making cross-curricular links
- Thinking about chronology
Sessions are charged at £55 per hour or £75 for two hours.
Find out more and apply
For more information or to apply for a session, please fill out the enquiry form and a member of our team will be in touch within 3 working days.