Primary School Membership scheme
Access real museum artefacts to use in your classrooms and take part in workshops from our nine museums and galleries. Receive support with curriculum planning, teacher training and local resources.
Our Primary School Membership scheme includes all you need to increase access to object based and cultural capital rich learning. There are three membership packages: Bronze, Silver and Gold.
The three packages have been developed in consultation with primary teachers in the city, piloted in Leeds schools, and are based on the services we know people use, or would like to, across Leeds Museums and Galleries and the city.
What is included in membership?
- Annual all-staff training session on best practice object-based learning, new research, impacts on practice and local resources.
- Discounts on bespoke Continuing Professional Development (CPD) sessions tailored to the needs of your school, covering topics such as cultural and object-based learning, embedding diversity, in-depth subject sessions, cross-curricular and chronological approaches.
- Priority access for inclusion in special projects, including artist-led programmes.
- Assistance and support with cultural and curriculum planning, including Arts Award/Artsmark, embedding culture and local history into curriculum design, and building a diverse curriculum.
- Annual opportunities to help us develop and shape our schools programme.
Membership is for the whole school and runs from 1 September–31 August each year.